I did it! Hallelujah, I did it! Two years and five months after starting it, and a week behind on my goal of getting it done last weekend, the FIRST DRAFT of "Elvenking: Leonard the Great, Book 3" is finally complete.
I've got a big edit ahead of me since my first drafts always meander (meaning they're sloppy), but I kind of do this on purpose to avoid sticking on something until I get it right. I write my sloppy first drafts with the happy knowledge that I'll be fixing them later. It's a method that frees me up to soldier on. In this case, due to LOTS of animation writing (yay!) and some personal stuff, the soldiering on was more like a never ending march with full gear. But now it's complete, and I am happy. Onward!
First Draft Ending Stats: 186 pages (MS Word, standard page layout) and 71.5k words. #wip #elvenking #AMEDITING!