While the pandemic years have been a bit of a slog for me and everyone else (let’s just say it can be challenging to stay upbeat and creative when you’re not feeling it), they’ve also been surprisingly productive.
In the past few years, I’ve stayed as busy as I can by pushing through this over-sized rough patch and…
Freelancing scripts for Hello Ninja, a fun, animated pre-school show on Netflix.
Freelancing scripts for two overseas animated series that will probably end up on Netflix.
· Finishing and publishing Elvenking (Amazon 2020), the third, but not final, book in my YA Arthurian Fantasy Leonard the Great series. Not final because I recently came up with a fun idea for a fourth book!
Plans for this year include…
· Completing and publishing Ghost Star 2 (working title), the action-packed second book in my YA Ghost Star Adventures series. I hope to have this one out by the end of April (or May) 2022.
· Finishing and publishing the novel-length
version of Undrastormur, my YA Viking fantasy adventure.
I’m 2/3rds of the way through with this fun novel and plan on releasing it in July 2022.
· Compiling and publishing the Dragonfriend Omnibus (the first three books of the Leonard the Great series combined) and releasing it in August 2022.
Month (NaNoWriMo), the writing challenge where you join thousands of other authors in setting aside the month of November to write a novel of 50,000 words (or more). Every one of my published and soon to be published novels started out as a NaNo project, and I’m very much looking forward to returning to the fold, after a couple of years absence, to challenge myself once again.
· Pushing for more animation writing gigs! I’ve been close to a number of good gigs recently, and I’m really close to an awesome high-profile gig that I hope happens. Showbiz can be brutal, so I’ll take any positive vibes you’d care to send my way. UPDATE: The high-profile gig is happening!!! Can’t say much about it right now (NDA), but I’ll share the details when I can.
That’s it for now. I’m grateful my family is healthy, and I’m happy to have a lot of fun and interesting things on my plate.
If any of the above books pique your interest, please swing by my Amazon Author Page and check them out.